Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Friday, October 17, 2008

I Have Survived

So, despite being snowed on, nearly frozen, nearly dumped into a freezing lake, having a limping bear careen out of the woods and nearly run into my truck, having been abandoned by a boatman and having therefore had to lead my crew on a six mile hike on a rough trail in the dark in an area occupied by animals that have been known to do in hikers, being menaced by corporate types for having dared to try to use a phone, and just generally having been kicked around by both nature and man for the last two weeks, I am back.

There is still some unfinished business in the forest - and my boss wants to me return this fall or winter to take care of it, though I am hoping that we can put it off until the Spring or Summer.

Regardless, it's good to be home, and I think I'll have some good tales to tell you folks over the next few weeks. In the mean time, I'm just happy to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you didn't leave your fedora behind!

mnsc said...

Oh, then it was you I saw in Lulu's today! Welcome back to civilization!