Subtitle

The Not Quite Adventures of a Professional Archaeologist and Aspiring Curmudgeon

Friday, December 19, 2008

Not-so Disturbing Photos

A while back, I wrote about getting bit by a "meat bee," and I said that I had taken photos of my hand but lost them.

Well, I found them - and keep in mind that the swollen hand is somewhat less swollen than it had been because I had been given some steroid shots.

In my ass.

It was a fun day.

The swollen hand:


Looks good for Kay's "Ruby tuesday," really.

And for comparison - the other, non-swollen hand for comparison:

6 comments:

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

oh, wow that looks all sorts of painful. And gross, very gross.

Anonymous said...

Oh good lord quit yer bitching and get back to putting those groceries away.

Anthroslug said...

Groceries?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wandered over from Kay's blog to let you know that I was attacked by a feral bee for the first time and I too ended up with a hand that looked better suited to a Cabbage Patch doll. It took months for the swelling and itching to finally disappear. I hope you were the recipient of much sympathy!

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Looks like you could poke the hand with a pin and stuff would come out. Hope it's better by now.

Anthroslug said...

Ordinaryjanet: Oddly, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking when it happened. I guess my thought process wasn't as weird as I had assumed.

Myrelish: Welcome, and thanks for the comment. What kind of bee did you get stung by that left you swollen for months?